Dr. Michael L. Prentice CV
Selected Recent Publications
- Prentice, M.L. and Glidden, S., 2010, Glacier crippling and the rise of the snowline in western New Guinea (Papua Province, Indonesia) from 1972 to 2000. In Haberle, S., Stevenson, J., Prebble, M., (eds.), Altered Ecologies: Fire, climate and human influence on terrestrial landscapes, Terra Australis, 32, ANU EPress, Canberra, pp. 457-471.
- Prentice, M.L., Hope, G.S., Peterson, J.A., and Barrows, T.T., 2011, The glaciation of the south-east Asian equatorial region, in Ehlers, J.J., Gibbard, P.L., and Hughes, P.D., eds., Quaternary Glaciations- Extent and Chronology- A Closer Look: Developments in Quaternary Science: Amsterdam, Elsevier, p. 1023-1036.
- Barrows, T.T., Hope, G.S., Prentice, M.L., Fifield, L.K., and Tims, S.G., 2011, Late Pleistocene glaciation of the Mt. Giluwe volcano, Papua New Guinea. Quaternary Science Reviews, v. 30, p. 2676-2689.
- Toner, J.D., Sletten, R.S., Prentice, M.L., 2013, Soluble salt accumulations in Taylor Valley, Antarctica: Implications for paleolakes and Ross Sea Ice Sheet dynamics, Journal of Geophysical Research Earth Surface, v.118, p.198-215.
Selected Recent Reports
- Prentice, M.L. and Rupp, R.F., 2009, Preliminary surficial geology of the Huntington, Zanesville, Majenic, and Markle 7.5 minute quadrangles, Allen, Huntington, and Wells Counties, Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey, Open-File Study 09-13, scale 1:63,360.
- Prentice, M.L., 2010, Preliminary surficial geology of the Bippus, Laud, Arcola, and Churubusco 7.5 minute quadrangles in Huntington and Whitley Counties, Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey, Open-File Study 10-04, scale 1:63,360.
- Prentice, M. L., Ducey, P.W., Rupp, R.F., Karaffa, M.D., Pigott, J.L., 2011, Map showing preliminary surficial geology of the Columbia City, Lorane, and South Whitley East 7.5-minute quadrangles in Whitley County, Indiana, Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey, Open-File Study 11-01, scale 1:63,360.
- Prentice, M.L., Ducey, P.W., Rupp, R.F., 2015, Rotosonic cores of the Lagro Formation in Huntington and Allen Counties, Indiana. Report of Progress 43, Indiana Geological Survey, Bloomington Indiana, 52 p.
Selected Professional Experience
- Research Geologist and Owner, Geoscy LLC, 2013 to present.
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Geology, Southern Illinois University -Carbondale, 2013 to present.
- GPR and Radan 7 Theory and Practice, Geophysical Survey Systems Inc., Nashua NH, June 2015.
- GPR Utility Scan Seminar, Geophysical Survey Systems Inc., Salem, NH, March 2015.
- Resistivity Imaging Seminar, Advanced Geosciences Inc., Austin TX, September 2013.
- Research Geologist, Indiana Geological Survey, 2006-2013; Principal Investigator of Indiana Great Lakes Geologic Mapping Coalition program, 2007-2013, co-PI of IGS surficial field mapping and drilling program, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Field Party Leader in Antarctica (2006/07, 2007/08).